Preparing for Your Visit
Xổ số miền bắc tuần trướcBeing admitted into a hospital setting can be overwhelming, whether it be for an outpatient procedure, surgery or an inpatient stay.
We want to ensure this process goes as smoothly as possible for all of our patients.
For a successful admission, the two most important things are:
- that you are pre-registered, and
- that we have your current insurance information on file
If you feel that either of these need to be confirmed, please call our main Admissions line at 502-562-4960.
Xổ số miền bắc tuần trướcPlease bring your photo identification and your insurance card with you to Admissions, and be prepared to pay any payment liability. Also, be sure to follow any other specific instructions that your testing site may have provided to you.
Xổ số miền bắc tuần trướcUofL Hospital's Main Admissions office is located on the first floor of the hospital. We are the second door behind the main Information Desk.
Xổ số miền bắc tuần trướcLastly, please check to see if your procedure is at the UofL Physicians Outpatient Center. If so, you may report to that location directly, located at 401 E. Chestnut Street.
Xổ số miền bắc tuần trướcIf you have any questions for concerns at all about the admissions process, please call us at 502-562-4960.
- A list of medications you are taking
- Medical information or records (including X-rays) from your personal physician, if possible
- Your medical insurance cards (including Medicare and Medicaid) and photo ID
- Your own nightgown or pajamas, robe, slippers, toiletries, reading glasses and a small amount of cash, if you wish.
- Cell phone charger (Please ask hospital staff before using a cell phone — there are some areas of the hospital where cell phones may not be used.)
Valuables and Cash
- Please give your valuables (jewelry, etc.) and cash over $25 to a relative or friend to keep for you
- If you must keep valuables with you, please contact your nurse and he/she will arrange for safekeeping
- Please be advised that the hospital is not responsible for personal items or valuables kept in your room
Should you need to stay in the Louisville area before or after your hospital visit, or if your family needs a place to stay nearby during your visit, UofL Hospital has negotiated discounted rates with several hotels in/near the downtown Louisville area. Visit the area lodging page for a complete list.
Xổ số miền bắc tuần trướcExcellence in patient care not only requires expertise and skill but compassion and understanding. We are committed to quality care for all, including the under-served.
Xổ số miền bắc tuần trướcThe Ethics Committee is a team of physicians and health professionals that help patients and families deal with ethical questions, such as end of life care, or disagreements between patients and the care team regarding treatments or therapy.
Making Difficult Decisions
Xổ số miền bắc tuần trướcThere may come a time when you will need to make medical decisions for yourself or a loved one about withholding or withdrawing life-sustaining treatment. These decisions can be difficult and confusing. You should thoroughly discuss treatment options and concerns with your doctor
Advance Care Planning
Do you know what health care treatments you would and would not want if you could not speak for yourself? Do other people know what your wishes are? Advance care planning is deciding on the care you would want to receive in such situations. For information on advance care planning and advance directives (living wills) select from the list of the helpful resources below..
When end-of-life care is needed, our Palliative Care team offers patients and their families services that provide support and comfort.
Durable Power of Attorney
Xổ số miền bắc tuần trướcA durable power of attorney may name a health care surrogate to make personal health care and /or financial decisions on your behalf. Please consult with your private attorney for assistance with a durable power of attorney.